Welcome to Pioneers' Cemetery Association
Thanks to All Who Joined the Victorian Valentine Party!
Our thanks to ALL who stopped by our Open House Saturday, January 27 to make the day EXTRA special and CLEARLY full of LOVE! A huge shout-out of thanks for all of the card supplies and extra-special touches as well as the world's biggest cheerleaders - a round of applause for Team leaders Debe Branning and Cindy Lee! Pioneers' Cemetery Association appreciates the community's support of this fun way to promote Grave Marker Preservation!
Thank you, friends - new flooring!
We are sincerely grateful to Desert Sage Questers and Phoenix Antiques, Bottles, & Collectibles Club for their generous donations to enable us to proceed with new flooring in the kitchen and bathroom of the historic Smurthwaite House! The project took place the end of October 2017 under the supervision of volunteers Mark Lamm and Kim Kasper. The pattern is a likeness to what is seen in photos of the Smurthwaite family! Thanks to all for such gorgeous work!
Ways to Support Preserving Phoenix History
There are MANY ways you can support Phoenix history and Pioneers' Cemetery Association!
P.O. Box 33192
Phoenix, AZ 85067
- Did you know.....PCA is a 501(c)(3)? Your tax donations are greatly appreciated! Receipts are certainly provided for your records. Donations can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 33192
Phoenix, AZ 85067
- You can contribute while shopping on Amazon! We're a partner of the Amazon Smile program. Click on the link below to select Pioneers' Cemetery Association as your donor organization. Every time you want to shop on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and a portion of your purchases will be donated to PCA!
- We're always on the look-out for grant funds we may qualify for. If you know of any, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We have a TON of GREAT IDEAS of ways to grow and expand awareness of our cemeteries and Phoenix history! We need YOU to volunteer YOUR time and talent! Contact us to review how YOU would like to become part of our team of volunteers!
- One of our primary sources of income is simply membership dues - become a member today and stay informed!
We Love to Give Tours!
We were thrilled to provide a tour of our cemeteries and the historic Smurthwaite House December 7 to a large group of DAR ladies after the Pearl Harbor Day remembrance at the State Capitol! What a perfect way to continue your downtown adventure with simply a short walk between historic downtown facilities! We'll be very happy to work with you and YOUR group to tailor a tour to suit your interests! Check our Calendar for date options and to complete a contact form to get YOUR event scheduled! Our facilities are quite lovely this time of the year for an event - keep us in mind!
Arizona's Hip Historian - Thanks!
Pioneers' Cemetery Association Board advisor and Arizona's own Hip Historian Marshall Shore met with Ben Hansen of the Travel Channel at Pioneer & Military Memorial Park early in December! Stay tuned for when the segment will air!
Grave Marker Preservation
Grave Marker Preservation is in ACTION
And WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Come help preserve Arizona’s history!!!
A refresher training course has been completed and it's boots-on-the-ground time for our team! We'd love to add YOU to our list of trained grave stone preservation volunteers!
Contact Cindy Lee, Chairperson, at email@example.com
to add your name to receive notice about the team's activities and the next training session in 2018!
Listing of Burials
Back by popular demand! If you're looking for the names of all contained (that we're aware of!) within our cemeteries, you can find the entire alphabetic listing under the Services tab for your reference. We have many researchers who find it easier to begin with our lists before heading to Find A Grave or contacting us for details. You'll see notations embedded in lists of who we have additional information about. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access story information. (remember - membership has its benefits!)
Open House Thursdays
Tour the cemeteries and visit historic Smurthwaite House EVERY Thursday, 10 AM-2 PM. Donations gratefully accepted. Smurthwaite House is located at 1317 W. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ.
Smurthwaite House Video
Many thanks to City of Phoenix's Nathalie Gage as well as Pioneers' Cemetery Association's own Judy Smith and Vivia Strang for their time and talents!